Sunday, December 26, 2010

CHRISTMAS STOCKING SWAP





Hello, thank you for visiting me today, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Our Christmas has not started yet as my son's won't be home until Monday. We had a Christmas stocking swap in the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group, hosted by the lovely Kris Dickinson. You could either buy a pre-made stocking and add to it or you could make one. I received this beautiful Eiffel Tower stocking from Caroline and then we filled it with things. Thank you so much Caroline. I love it. I made a stocking, I used linen that my husband's Grandmother brought over from Europe and vintage lace, which was for Lisa, I made her a journal, a cloth Marie ornament and a necklace. I hope she likes it. I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday week. Hugs, Terri









9 comments:

Rella said...

OMG.......Terri, that stocking made with the linen from your Grandmother and vintage lace is so stunning I cannot take my eyes off of it. Lisa must have swooned when she opened it. Goodness. And the necklace you made is GORGEOUS!!! If she loves it as much as I love the necklace you sent me, she will be wearing it every chance she gets. Beautiful...what a great Secret Santa you are, my dear. How pretty the sachet and ornament are that you received...and the rows of fabric on the cuff look like hills of snow topped off with glitter trees......how clever! This was a great Secret Santa idea.

xox Rella

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Terri:
Another incredible creation from your hands! I love seeing your pieces. They're really wonderful. I hope you have a creative week and that your new year is filled with wonderful surprises.
xoxo
Donna

debi said...

Terri, I love the beautiful stocking you created! The linen and lace you used are just gorgeous! And the gifts you created are just as beautiful!

stefanie said...

oh, they are gorgeous!!!!

Rebecca said...

Hi Terri
What a gorgeous stocking, the lace and linen is just incredible, you are such a talent
I want to thank you so much for the lovely gift you sent me. The journal was just beautiful, what a wonderful surprise when I got home. Thank you so much, I will be posting about it later in the week
Wishing you a most blessed new year filled with love and laughter
Blessings
Rebecca

Laurie said...

Gorgeous! Have fun with your son!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Wow! What lovely items you have made ~ for sure to become cherished keepsakes!

Sending wishes for a very Happy New Year!

Donna said...

I want to wish you a very Happy, Healthy New Year Terri! I appreciate your friendship and all your lovely, inspiring comments. Take care and keep creating all your beautiful pieces.

Hugs,
Donna

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Terri and a very happy New Year to you! Wow these stockings are gorgoeus. The Eiffel Tower is SO ME! Love it.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments about my new furbaby. I am just so tickled beyond words... I can't believe it. We are having so much fun!

Have a great week ahead.

Big hugs,
Holly