Monday, October 26, 2009

HALLOWEEN'S OF THE PAST





When I got my Halloween decorations out this year, I found these pictures of my son's when they were little. I always made their costumes. One year I bought black jogging suits for both boys and my husband who is a Medical Illustrator drew all the bones onto white reflective tape, I then cut all the bones out and put them on the jogging suits. The scarecrow is my youngest son, this was a fun outfit to make, he even had a black bird on his hat. He was so cute. They are now 26 and 20, I miss those days of making Halloween costumes, thought I would share these pictures with you. The last pictures is of our home and of course our dog Dott, she is a rat terrier and is by my side all the time. We went to go get the mail and the leaves this year are so yellow, usually they have more red in them, not this year. Happy Halloween.

4 comments:

Becs said...

That is the most adorable scarecrow ever! My mom used to make all my costumes...In fact she made my bridesmaid dresses when I got married and she even made my oldest sister's wedding dress...

Your home is lovely! The leaves are gorgeous. We don't see those colors aroundf here. It goes from green to naked! LOL....Take care...Becs

LuLu Kellogg said...

They look SO cute! I love those trees....how beautiful!

LuLu~*

Anonymous said...

Terri: The colors on those trees are gorgeous (pretty house too). Luv the skeleton art work on those costumes! Keep your sewing machine handy, there's bound to be grandbabies in your future! I remember 30 years ago, when my daughter was 8, she wanted to be a TV for Halloween (what made her think of that?). Her dad found a huge cardboard box and they spent several hours creating a realistic looking TV set where her face was the screen - it was cute. Enjoy the "candy eating" holiday!

Unknown said...

How sweet! Love the little fellas. Precious moments, that's for sure. Love your tree lined drive and all of the fall color.
Xo,
Tammy